Special Hunts Information
Fall and Winter 2013/2014 Special Hunt opportunities will be posted in July.
The drawing for Spring 2013 Special Turkey hunts has been completed and all successful applicants should have been notified. 109 hunts were offered this spring at Wildlife Areas, State Fishing Lakes, National Wildlife Refuges, Special Walk-In Hunting Areas in several counties, and 2 City/County locations.
LEFT-OVER HUNTS - 5 Special Open Turkey Hunts remain unfilled. These will be awarded on a first come - first served basis, and will remain open during the season until filled.
If you have questions, or obtain a permit, please contact our Hays Regional Office at 785-628-8614 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the list click the button above. To receive a permit please contact Hays Regional Office, 785-628-8614, or email: email@example.com to sign up for a hunt.
(DO NOT USE AT THIS TIME) Instructions to Apply for Special Hunt Draw
- Before beginning the application process please read the following file. This file explains Age restrictions, hunt type definitions and walks you through the process.
You can view a list of the hunts by clicking on the following button:
- To begin the online registration process, click the "Special Hunts Application" button below.
- Here you will either Login to an existing account or create a new account. (Save this account information, it will be used for deer check-in, turkey check-in, future special hunts applications, etc.)
- Once you are logged in you will fill out the following information. The information is required to continue the process.
- First Name
- Last Name
- City, State, Zip Code
- Phone Number
- Email - this is for draw notification, if you are selected for a hunt you will receive an email with a link to print off your permit. If you are not selected you will also receive an email
- Date of Birth - This needs to be the Date of Birth for the individual going on the hunt. Youth hunts are only for hunters less than sixteen years old at the time of the hunt.
- Once you have filled out the information you must check the "Acknowledgment" box to verify that the information is correct.
- Once this box is checked, the "Select your choices" section(s) will appear. You are given three choices for each species that have hunts available during that season. During the first fall application period you can sign up for both Sept. - Oct. hunts as well as Nov. - Dec. hunts.
- To select a choice for a species click on the corresponding button "Select * Hunt Choice". * being the choice, 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
- This brings up the hunts list corresponding to the species and the season you are selecting. You can either click the corresponding "Select Hunt" button on a hunt from the list, or if you already know your hunt code, you can enter it in the Hunt Code box and click "Select Hunt".
- This returns you to the application and replaces the button you clicked with the hunt you selected. You will also see a checkbox located next to the hunt, labeled "Any Date". If you check this box it allows you to be in the drawing for any hunt for that location and hunt type, not just the date you selected. Giving you more of an opportunity to draw a hunt.
- Once you have selected all your hunts click "Select Hunts".